I just wanted to share this with you…..I’ve been on WW for a year now. I officially did my first weigh-in on January 6, 2011 after attending a free meeting. I signed up to make a commitment to change my eating habits and become a much healthier me. I was skeptical at first but when I was losing the weight on a weekly basis, I can honestly say it has worked and is still working for me even after a year. It was a struggle but it was worth it when my leader announced that I made my goal weight which meant I became a lifetime member.
For all of you who are struggling or thinking about quitting — please DON’T. We all have to be patient and give this LIFESTYLE CHANGE a chance. Yes, WW is really NOT a diet. Remember, there will be tough times ahead but it’s all worth it in the end. And for those who are getting discouraged because you’re in your last 5 lbs until your goal, don’t worry you’ll get there. Been there, done that and it took me 3 months (+/-) to lose that last 5 so you’re not alone.
What worked for me?
- Please track everything you eat.
- Exercise even if you hate doing it or find the time to at least move for 30 minutes.
- Eat more fruits & vegetables and drink lots of water. They’re z-e-r-o points!
- Attend the weekly meetings.
- Ask for help! If you need a little extra encouragement, please do not hesitate to ask your meeting leader or the other members for some tips & tricks. We are not in a race but rather we are all here to help and not pull each other down.
Remember, it’s a brand new year….BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!